Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Little Song I Came Up With

Since I started reading about Roe v. Wade, I felt inspired to write a little song, poem thing about it. Please excuse it's roughness, as it is a rough draft.

Intro: I'm writing this song because you never got to
Hey

[Chorus] This song goes out to the 45 million
They lost their lives, never got to be civilians
You wanna cry out for your mommy
Cause they never got to meet their baby boy Tommy

Verse 1: Roe v Wade how could we be so insane?
I'm lucky that my name is Shane.
Legally taking the lives of others
Coulda-beens instead of mothers.
Would you be so cool with it if it had been you?
Nah, didn't think so too.
It's time to change these tragedies
Spread the truth, stop the l-i-e-s.

[Chorus]

Verse 2: This practice is just despicable
Partial birth proving that its viable
Gotta thank God Carhart lost this one
Might as well call him Car cause he ain't got one
If people are getting it for convenience and 'cause they have the choice
We need to stop, listen, and give the little babies a voice.
No instance is important enough
No baby is worthless enough to snuff.

[Chorus]

Verse 3: It breaks my heart to see all these babies die
It's so sad it makes me want to cry
I bet one of them could've found the cure for cancer
But now we'll never know the answer
'Cause a parent felt their life was more important than theirs
Never got to throw a ball and rustle their hairs
We have to stop abortion
Cause soon we'll be looking at the Son
And as he denies you entrance to Heaven
You see in the distance your little boy Ben
Whom you couldn't handle
At least he's at peace with Jesus and His sandals

[Chorus]


Little something I whipped up. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment